What you need to do when a loved one passes?
We understand that it is an extremely difficult time when a loved one passes. The first and most important steps you need to consider are collecting a "Medical Cause of Death" certificate from a doctor. If this is not possible then a coroner will be consulted.
Your next step would be to contact us to arrange a Funeral service and other arrangements for the body of your loved one. We will ensure to that the process from start to finish is smooth and honourable as possible.
Choices you may want to consider
- Has the deceased pre-arranged or pre-paid a funeral?
- When and where you want the funeral to be held?
- Burial or Cremation?
- Clothing for your loved one to wear?
- What kind of ceremony you would like?
- Who you would like to be directly involved in the ceremony?
- If you would like a viewing arranged or not?
All of these points will be discussed when we come to visit you, however, it is helpful to consider and discuss some points to prepare you and your family.
Registering a death
We at Sincere Funerals will register the death of your loved one with Births, Deaths and Marriages, and send the deceased’s next of kin the certificate within approximately 14 days after the service.
Please note that the timeframe of receiving the Death Certificate is subject to the BDMs office.